Job opportunity - Guitar Teacher
Tone Town Music are seeking a guitar teacher to work from our teaching studios. You will have a room, access to internet and printer, flexible days and hours and some ability to set your own times for the right applicant. Pay rate is negotiable based on experience.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Clearly communicate with students and families of all age groups. We provide lessons for students starting at the age of 4 and have a diverse age of students, ranging from 4 year olds, to teenagers, university students and adults.
- Adapts curriculum to the needs of the students with varying intellectual abilities,
and to accommodate variety of instructional needs.
- Determine student goals and objectives, and discuss lesson details with them
before committing to a plan. Some students will want to sit exams; others wish to learn for pleasure.
- Provide students with appropriate teaching materials and resources
- Create a safe space for students to feel welcome and comfortable to learn music in.
- Bring your engaging personality to share your passion for music.
- Bring your music expertise to the table and help students understand musical concepts and techniques.
- Displays enthusiasm, understanding and commitment to ensure the pupils’
experiences are positive and underpin their educational lives
- Ability to formulate and implement music programs and materials according to age
- Good teaching skills
- Strong motivational skills
- Patience, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact collaboratively with students, parents, and Administration
- Ability to identify strengths and weaknesses
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous teaching experience desired.
- Either - Bachelor of Music, AMEB Grade 4 (or equivalent) or higher is a must. This could include current uni students
- Registered ABN.
- Registered blue card/working with children check
- Own insurance is required
Please send your introduction letter and resume by email to email@example.com. Please include relevant qualifications and experience.
NOTE: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.