dB Technologies ES 802
ES802 is a portable biamped sound system composed by two passive tops and one 12” subwoofer. The sub hosts a 1200 W power amp module with auto-range PSU. A powerful DSP manages the coverage and all the other functions of the system, making the ES802 a real gem in terms of sound performance and versatility.
The ES Series is the result of experience gained from dBTechnologies in the acoustic design of vertical array systems like DVA T Series and MINI. The components of the top are aligned mechanically (Logarithmic Curved Column Array) so as to increase the coverage of the vertical beam. Furthermore, there is a special “double-ringed phase plug” that increases the horizontal coverage and gives a rich and crystal clear sound to the system.
The satellites are connected top-on-top and are placed on the subwoofer through the supplied D25mm pole. The system is used in mono mode so all inputs are routed to both outputs in mono.
The bass-reflex subwoofer houses a generous 12” woofer and the amplifier module. The enclosure, sturdy and stylish, is made of birch plywood coated with a durable scratch-resistant black coat, which makes it truly road-ready. Two recessed handles (one per side) help easy transport. Finally, the metal grid with foam, in addition to protecting the woofer and give a very elegant and professional look, helps the reflex effect. The lower part of the grid, placed right on the reflex ports, have in fact holes with a larger diameter to enhance air flow.
The highly efficient amplifier provides high power with limited weight and dimension.
The digital preamplifier with DSP (Digital Signal Processing) controls the audio crossover of the acoustic components, the frequency response, the limiter, and the phase alignment.
The speakers of the top are designed to provide both an extended vertical coverage and a wide horizontal coverage.
The DSP allows you to choose among 8 different equalisations:
2- Bass Boost
3- Bass Reduction
- Frequency Response [-10dB]: 37-15.000 Hz
- Max SPL: 124 dB
- MF - HF: 8x 3"
- Type MF - HF: Neodymium
- LF: 12"
- Directivity: 95x65°
- Amp Technology: Digipro® G3
- Amp Class: Class-D
- Power Amp: 1200 W
- Power Supply: SMPS with PSU Auto-range
- Power Connection: VDE socket
- Cooling: Convection
- Controls: 1x Rotary (presets) 1x Audio signal monitoring LED 1x Audio Limiter LED
- Controller: DSP 24 Bit/48 kHz
- System Presets: Factory presets
- Limiter: Dual Active, Peak, RMS, Thermal
- Crossover Frequency LF-HF: 206 Hz
- Mic/Instrument Channel: 1x Combo (XLR/Jack) balanced/unbalanced input, 1x RCA stereo input
- Link Output: 1x XLR balanced output
- Housing (Subwoofer): 15mm Black Painted Birch Plywood
- Housing (Tops): Polypropylene PP
- Handles: 2x lateral side (Subwoofer)
- Width (Top): 95 mm (3.74 in)
- Height (Top): 360 mm (13.98 in)
- Depth (Top): 137 mm (5.39 in)
- Width (Subwoofer): 465 mm (18.3 in)
- Height (Subwoofer): 400 mm (15.7 in)
- Depth (Subwoofer): 430 mm (16.9 in)
- Weight (Top): 1.9Kg – 4.19lbs
- Weight (Subwoofer): 16.4Kg – 36.16lbs